[LRflex] Re: griselda...

  • From: William Abbott <wbabbott3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:16:22 -0700

Steve,

I admire your measured, nicely worded response, with which I agree. Put me down amongst those who draw hope and comfort from the pictures of your patients, as I silently wish them - and you - the very best of outcomes.

As ever,

Bill

On Oct 25, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Steve Barbour wrote:

hi Ted,

it moves and impresses me how some people get a positive message from these images of resilient children, and others see only a frightful and negative side to it...

including the comments like...

I am always afraid to look....it's too disturbing, it makes me cry so I won't look...

to which I respond,

***
"I terribly regret that there may be a negative reaction,

as I hope to depict reality, and the heroism of children in the face of adversity.

This is of course an important part of reality, as you know...

the message in fact, is always very positive...

in fact even life affirming,

please don't be scared...

see reality, and see that there are real heroes in this world...

Steve