[LRflex] Re: griselda...

  • From: Steve Barbour <kididdoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:01:48 -0700

On Oct 23, 2007, at 7:36 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

Steve Barbour

Subject: [LRflex] griselda...

>>some kids have all the luck...

a 7 year old...griselda is a special little person.

brain tumor and surgery, chemo, a bone marrow transplant...for

starters...

>>just seen in clinic today...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/griseldashah.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/pretzels.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/griselda.jpg.html

Hi Steve,

Some for the book for sure! Best photo illustrating how some children have great resilience to their unfortunate situations. When she put the Pretzels over her eyes making fun. Only kids! J God Bless them!

And this one, http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2007/ grl.jpg.html “A tough little cookie.”

Talk about laughing at adversity! Good on her, we can only wish her well and a complete recovery!
hi Ted,

it moves and impresses me how some people get a positive message from these images of resilient children, and others see only a frightful and negative side to it...

including the comments like...

I am always afraid to look....it's too disturbing, it makes me cry so I won't look...

to which I respond,

***
"I terribly regret that there may be a negative reaction,

as I hope to depict reality, and the heroism of children in the face of adversity.

This is of course an important part of reality, as you know...

the message in fact, is always very positive...

in fact even life affirming,

please don't be scared...

see reality, and see that there are real heroes in this world...

Steve
ted