[LRflex] Re: a visit from Isabelle...

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:23:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Harry,
   You mentioned difficulties with your EOS-1ds MK2's focusing screen when
you use your Leica Lenses with it. The 1 Serie's EOS's have user changeable
focusing screens and a nice selection of them to choose from! I believe there
are even multiple ones with differing types of manual focus assist
technologies available. The interchangeable focus screens is one of the
reason's a ONE series EOS is at the top of my 'shopping list' for next
year.(I've got a big windfall coming in about a year or so). Mainly it's their
sealings, durability, and ergonomics - I'm not the most graceful of guys and I
value 'getting the shot' so much I end up in mud, sand, swamps, beaches,
creeks, and such! I don't want to drop a fortune on a 5D grip combo and the
next day smash it on something a 1 series body would shrug off or plunk it in a
puddle or get soaked in a rain that would sizzle a lesser camera.
   My Accountant Girlfriend is fully in agreement on the point even! ie:
while on the face of it, dropping thousands extra for a camera seems
insane, it's would be like insurance against dropping 2-3k on an instant
paperweight! AND the other 1 series features are actually worth having for
the way I shoot. AF, Metering, Speed, Ergonomics, etc.
Richard

It's okay to be stupid just don't be gung-ho about it.
~â?¢~
Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool
~â?¢~
Never Argue with an Idiot. They'll drag you down
to their level and beat you with experience.