[LRflex] Was Photo market now, liquid reproduction.

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:19:16 +0200

Hello Tina, all

Well, that's a feminist shortcut ;)

I've been googling around to find out "giclee" was a marketing name for the
"new" print process (see giclee in wikipedia).

It's been around for age but thanks to you all, I've discovered it today.

As a French, I would rather say that 'giclee' is a tiny amount of liquid thrown
in, while the verb "gicler" is indeed to spurt in the majority of cases.

But it has not the English/US Slang understanding.

Ah "les faux amis", Tina, French is full of them.

That was the 10 secs of French Class on a thursday.

Ok, je gicle (a French Pidgin expression for I go away)

Xavier F. BILLE

Maisons-Alfort - France.