[LRFlex] Use of Circular Polarizers

  • From: "Merritt, Robert" <Robert.Merritt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:48:08 -0500

You should check carefully before getting a linear polarizer for any of the R
cameras.  The two SL models require a circular polarizer because the reflex
mirror is semi-silvered to direct some of the light to the meter cell.  A
linear polarizer would result in incorrect meter readings if used with those
cameras.  (I know, a shame -- circulars are lots more expensive!)  I think the
R series cameras (some of them, anyway) work the same way.  Maybe other list
members have already weighed in with more specific information.

Nick

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message is
confidential and intended only for certain recipients.  If you are not an
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication and any attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it.