[LRflex] Re: The Green Line. :-)

  • From: "Dave Saalsaa" <dsaalsaa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:11:44 -0500

great story, Ted.   It made me smile as I remembered an occurrence while I
was covering the Syttende Mai parade in Stoughton WI. for our local
newspaper.  I had forgotten to take my press pass to the parade and while
looking for a great location to stand, I noticed some folks standing up on
top of a three story building across the street.  I watched as some others
went in a side door and then appeared on top of the building .  Aha, I had
found the point of entry.  I ambled across the street and up the three
flights of stairs to a door ramping up through an open window to the roof.
There were about  a dozen people standing along side the roof edge to the
best vantage point I could imagine.  I spent about 20 minutes shooting and
then left to go back down to street level. As I wandered down the stairs I
saw a table of food laid out on the second floor of what looked like a
antique furniture warehouse. I didn't see anyone else there so I went over
to the table and grabbed a few hor's deorves.  I was about to leave when a
man said  "who the hell are you "?   I quickly turned around and   I snapped
back and who are you?   He said I own this building.  I said, great, I am
doing a story on the parade for Aften Posten newspaper in Norway and would
like to photograph you and get a story line from you if that is ok.  He
looked at me with some question but obliged and I took a couple of pictures
of him and then got the hell out of there.  I had crashed his private party
and he  had caught me red handed.  . I did get some very nice pictures of
the parade though.  ;-)

Dave