[LRFlex] Re: Super-Angulon 21/4-R

  • From: Charles Cason <cec@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:26:28 -0600

Thanks Xavier,
I have been using the ground glass with grids and have gotten used to it now. That should work okay with a short lens, shouldn't it?
Thanks
Charles

Bille Xavier F. wrote:

Guys,

I would add the fact that microprism are better aid in focusing than split image with that lens.

With 35, 50 and above, the split image works better for me.

With 21 and 24, the microprism.

Just too much fondling, I suppose.
---------------------------------
Xavier F. BILLE
Maisons-Alfort - France.

From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRFlex] Re: Super-Angulon 21/4-R
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:44:19 -0800

John Gong wrote:

There is no mechanical coupling to the rangefinder. It's all scale focusing (fancy way of saying guessing and praying?).

Not a problem... I rarely focus the 21 - I either guess the distance or set it for the hyperfocal distance! Seems to work very well.

Ted Grant suggests that if you're having a problem focusing a WA lens, never focus from infinity. Instead, set the lens at it's closest focusing distance and move towards infinity. Much easier to see when your in focus.

And, as always, Ted's right! ;-)

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
    http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm