[LRflex] Re: Suggestions needed as to what long R lens I should get?

  • From: Doug Herr <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 17:58:38 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Douglas Sharp wrote:

>if your funds don't extend to long Leica glass, which can be very
>expensive, try and find a Novoflex Noflexar 400 / 5.6 (the T-Noflexar is
>the better version)  - it looks more like an anti-tank rifle than a lens
>but is excellent quality - I don't know how good the 600 mm lens head is
>(maybe someone else does?), but it fits on to the same barrel. It can
>also be used on just about any camera model with the appropriate adapter.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the Novoflex as well.  I agree especially about
the 400mm T-Noflexar model.  I haven't used the 600mm f/8 lens, but I wasn't
very impressed with the older 640mm f/9 lens head.  The Novoflexes are bulkier
and heavier than the f/6.8 Telyts.  The T-Noflexar has a flatter field and is
as sharp as the Telyts once you stop it down to f/8.  Color quality tends to be
a bit more pastel.

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/greg02.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/nuwo02.html
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/picidae/rbsa01.html