[LRflex] Suggestions needed as to what long R lens I should get?

  • From: Brendan Sforcina <brendan1952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 10:33:08 +1100

Hi,

I have been reading and learning lots here on the forum, I have just
arranged to buy an R6.2, and it comes with the following lenses;

Elmarit R f2.8/180

2x Extender

Macro Elmarit R 60mm type 2

From another source I am getting;

R6 body

Super-Angulon R f4.0/21mm

Elmarit R f2.8/35mm

Summicron R f2.0/90mm

I will be using the system for general photography, landscape and wildlife.

What would people suggest as to a good ‘long’ lens to add next? I prefer to
stock with prime lenses not zooms.

To give you an idea of my preferences I currently use rangefinders (M6,
Leica CL, Mamiya 7ii, Bessa I, Bessa II) I have used Nikon SLR’s in the past
(AF & Manual) but moved back to rangefinders as I found them lighter and
more satisfying to use.

Regards

Brendan

Brendan Sforcina