[LRflex] Re: Steve etc

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:08:49 -0700

Keith Longmore wrote:

Ken Livingstone, Lord Mayor of London, wanted to have notices put up in parks warning people to be on the look out for, and reporting to the authorities, people taking photographs of children, 'because they may be paedophiles'. However ridiculous, this is dangerous stuff! It's asking for vigilantes to start beating up innocent photographers, isn't it?

It is an unfortunate sign of the times. Things are not yet so bad, here, in North America, but it's going that way.

Last year, here in quiet, tiny Logan Lake, I was taking some photos of our grandkids, playing on the swings and slides. I was standing back, some distance, using a 200mm lens, so as not to intrude on them, and to get natural expressions and laughter. (Yes, they were fully clothed.) A young lady, part of a group of two young (14 - 17 or so) couples, accused me of being a "pervert"! Mind you, she did look a wee bit sheepish, afterwards, when one of the kids called out to his Grampa!