[LRFlex] Re: R7 and 21/4 and R5

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:24:16 -0800

At 11/19/2004, you wrote:

Hi folks, I appreciate this thread on the 21/4 SA because I have one and seldom use it. I have an R6 and R8 and just assumed that with only two 'thingys' (I'm having a bad senior moment) on the rear of the lens---hah! I remembered, cams, I assumed this lens did not work well because of the weird readings I get in the viewfinder. I haven't used the R6 lately, but in the R8, I get all sorts of aperture readings.
It always seems in focus but I don't understand the exposure problems. Maybe I need to learn about zone shooting. What is it?
Thanks
Charles

Hi Charles!

Easy to fix your "weird readings". Have your favourite technician install the 'third cam" on your 21. Two cam lenses will not work with the meter of any 'R' series camera.

If you unclear about the different Leica cams, try:

http://teachnet.edb.utexas.edu/~leica/cam101.html

and http://www.kbcamera.com/rcams.htm.

Zone focusing simply relates to setting the distance scale by 'guess' and using the lens stopped down to increase the DOF and thus reduce errors. Got that?

Cheers!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm