[LRFlex] Re: R7 and 21/4 and R5

  • From: David Young <dnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:50:42 -0800

Doug Herr said:

David obviously got a great bargain! My own testing of the lens may not have been as thorough as yours, and since it was on loan to me rather than my own property I didn't have an incentive to make sure I got the most for my money. Others on other forums have written that it ought to be stopped down for optimum sharpness, particularly outside the central area.

While I strive to provide only accurate information in the review web pages, the review may be worth what you paid for it ;-) and your own experience may be a better guide.

Hi Doug!

Yep! Free advice is, indeed, worth what we pay for it! ;-) Seriously, Doug, you do a fine job with your lens/body reviews and I know that I, amongst Hundreds, no thousands, find them very helpful. Please, don't ever give it up!

As for the 21/4 SA, I rarely stop it down below f5.6 and I am delighted with it's performance. Freedom from flare and distortion seem to be hallmarks of this lens. And the colour rendition matches the other Leitz/Leica lenses as well.

Colour me very happy with my purchase! :)

David.

PS: Nice results you're getting from Sal D's Canon 400/f2.8! Keep up the good work!

David Young,     | égalité, liberté,
Victoria, CANADA | fraternité et Beaujolais.

Personal Web-site at:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr
Leica Reflex Forum web-page:
        http://www.horizon.bc.ca/~dnr/lrflex.htm