[LRFlex] Re: Pola Rizer and Roid

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:27:10 -0800 (PST)

Just to add more info than you wanted, if you are using a hand meter, or spot
metering, the neutral density of the pol. is about 1.7-1.8 stops.  What you see
as the variable in a TTL meter is the reduction of glare in addition to the
neutral density factor.  The ND remains the same regardless of how it is
turned.  Presumably if you are spot metering, you are not metering the glare,
and you only adjust for the ND factor.

Tom Schofield

Doug Herr <telyt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
on 1/18/05 12:17 AM, Bille Xavier F. at hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi Gang
>
> Just adding my 0.02 Camembert to the thread. According to documentation,
> it's a circular pola for the R7. Good enough, I have one.
>
> When the filter is rotated in its turret, it accentuates the effect and it
> changes the exposure parameters (usually 1/2 ev to 1 ev). Result? I never
> knew if I should take the parameters before the effect or after the effects
> shows up.

After.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento