[LRflex] Re: PC and T&S lenses

  • From: "Wu, Cheng (DPS/MSP)" <Cheng.Wu@xxxxxx>
  • To: <LeicaReflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:19:12 -0300

David Young wrote:
>While researching pc lenses (perhaps used) for the Leica-R, I stumbled
across two interesting items, sold from the US, but made in Russia.

>A tilt/shift 35mm lens in Leica-R mount, for US$365 ... which is a good
price, if the lens is anything but junk.

>http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/lens/35slrl/116/116.htm
<http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/lens/35slrl/116/116.htm>

>They even have a fish-eye for Leica-R for US$160!

>http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/lens/35slrl/10/10.htm
<http://www.dvdtechcameras.com/lens/35slrl/10/10.htm>  which could be
interesting if only as a 'fun' toy!

>I know that Russian made lenses have a 'mixed' history & quality, but
does anybody here know anything about these ones, in particular?

>Cheers!

>David.

>David Young,

>Logan Lake, BC

David:

I have the Zenitar fish-eye lens you mentioned in M-42 mount, IIRC, I
got it from Kievcamera in Atlanta, Georgia, definitely not a Leica lens,
but it sure is an interesting and fun lens, I used it on my Praktica,
Canon EOS (M-42/EOS adapter), Konica (Praktica/Konica AR adapter II),
all in stopped down mode, it is multi-coated, but because of the 180
degree coverage, you better watch your toes when you shoot vertically.
It shows a completely different color tone than any other lenses I own.
If shoot carefully, you can take advantage of the fish-eye perspective.

Cheng in Fredericton, NB Canada