[LRflex] Re: Nikon Lenses on Leica R body

  • From: NATSTEK@xxxxxxx
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 10:32:47 EDT

NOPE!!
The SCA351 only lights-up the flash ready light in the R8's viewfinder, it
doesn't even set the default X-sync speed of 1/100 sec!

That's one of the reasons that I didn't keep my R8 very long, I had too much
flash equipment that was SCA 351.

However, having said that, I think that Metz has a SCA3000-to-351
module/adapter that is capable of mating the older SCA300 series flashes to the
newer
SCA3000 circuitry. I'm not completely sure about that though. Maybe some of our
more knowledgeable members can expound on this.

Art Tafil