[LRflex] Re: Loony- Esmeralda

  • From: Philippe Amard <phamard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:24:15 +0200

David,
Sorry for this accident - hope it doesn't hurt too much - also hope
you'll retrieve use of these fingers very soon - hard luck indeed it is.
No harm done to the camera I hope.

Esmeralda is no new woman in my life - she is a character in "Notre de
Dame de Paris" a book by Victor Hugo (photographs by Nadar I guess
somewhere on the web) a poet, politician and novelist of the 19th century.
Notre Dame de Paris is then also a monument of French literature and
tells the story of a tender hearted kind of loony with a hump who lives
in the belfry of Notre Dame - deaf of course because of the bells.
 The poor chap is madly attached to a beauty named Esmeralda. I thought
she was nearly as famous as Scarlett as many movies have been based on
the story, one of which stars Gerard Depardiou as Quasimodo (the
"monster/loony " =>  here, me  :-( ).

So to cut a long story short - the umbrella is Alice's, and, to come
full circle, we had bought it in Montmartre while waiting for Xavier and
you  last October - it is now our Paris Special Umbrella.

Wish you well soon.
Phil...x