[LRflex] Light or the Lack of it.

  • From: "walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <walter.kramer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:52:12 +0800

 Thanks to everyone for thier comments, defin= itely taking tips on board.
Ted, I can revisit the site as it is a short walk from where I live and=
willtry again as you have advised.  For those interested, the shot w= as
taken early in the afternoon during full sun.  The subject is locat= ed in
shade under oak trees which recede into the back ground along a path,= hence
the relative background darkness, any higher lights in this darkness= is
either white stone or sunlight breaking through.

My Digilux 3 tends to under expose in bright conditions when&nbsp= ;non four
thirds glass is mounted using an adapter.  In this case&nbsp= ;the 80-200
f4.0.   I reviewed a previous shot which was alr= eady quite dark due to
thispropensity to under expose and then starte= d playing with levels
darkening the results even more until = I was 'happy.'

Walter

h= ttp://www.flickr.com/photos/25126059@N02/4306174528/sizes/l/[1]
=

--- Links ---