[LRflex] Re: Leica R 80-200 F4.0, or 180mm F2.8 - Advice needed

  • From: "wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wildlightphoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:24:32 -0400

William B. Abbott III wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Doug Herr wrote:
>> I've also added a rotating tripod collar so I can use it with my
>> shoulder stock.
>I'd be interested to learn more details about the collar you mentioned.

I'm using the Leica STA-1 collar, originally made for the 100 APO.  One of
the inner ribs of the collar interferes with the 80-200's red bump so to
make the two fit together either pop the red bump off or (what I did) trim
the rib on the inner side of the collar to clear the red bump.  I have
heard that the Canon tripod collar for the 70-200 f/4 will also fit:

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -