[LRflex] LeiCanon woes

  • From: Noel Yates <noel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:10:59 +0100

Dear All,

Yesterday I bought a used Canon D30 to go with an=20
EOS/R-lens adapter that came from China via eBay=20
for =A320 GBP. My R lenses fit and work (even the=20
24mm Elmarit-R) but will only focus by setting=20
the focus distance by scale; focusing by eye on=20
the screen is miles out. Subjects far enough away=20
to be considered at infinity are not sharp on the=20
screen with the lens set at infinity. I have to=20
roll the focus ring back to about 10 metres to=20
get them sharp on the screen. This leads me to=20
believe that the camera's mirror/screen alignment=20
must be out. Can anybody comment?  The D30 is=20
quite a neat little camera and I would like to get this setup to work.

Best wishes,

Noel

www.noelyates.co.uk