[LRflex] Re: IMG: Wing Technology - Ladybird2

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 15:06:37 +0200

Philippe,
Great photography - entomology needs work
Not a Ladybird but a E: Dragonfly - F: Demoiselle - D: Libelle (or
Jungfer, which is the same as demoiselle) , but a great shot anyway.

Ladybirds (Ladybugs) are red with black spots (there are yellow and
orange ones too and black ones with red spots) and their larvae are most
welcome in my garden - they eat enormous numbers of aphids, both green
and black.
Cheers
Douglas