[LRflex] Re: IMG: Semi abstract and colours

  • From: Bille Xavier F. <hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:51:19 +0100

Philippe, Flexers,

Thanks Philippe for your 'review' of the X10, recently I managed to download a
sample Raw image of the X100 and developped it with the latest version 5 of
Silkypix, it was really detailed to the Pixel, in my eye

Obviously the editor of Silkypix has done a great job in implementing the
algorithm for the unconventionnal sensor.

I was wondering if you would share (off list) a Raw image from the X10, of no
specific photographic interest, for me to check a few details?

Of course, it would be nice if you share the JPEG associated, it might require
two mails as those files are large, I guess, even zipped in

Thanks in advance!
#-----------------------------------
From : Xavier F. BILLE
mail : hot_billexf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Maisons Alfort - France

From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] Re: IMG: Semi abstract and colours
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 21:52:36 +0100

Le 11 févr. 13 à 21:20, Bille Xavier F. a écrit :

Lovely abstraction Philippe.

Thanks

It amazes me how you can assemble colors and lines.

I don't they are there ;-) Thanks all the same :-)

The choice of your camera is very interesting too for the gear thirsty guy I
am...

Are you happy with it?

So so - but the format is VERY convenient for carrying about in my "handbag" or
a large pocket.
On paper it offers much of what a camera should, and the ergonomics make it a
real camera you want to manipulate and shoot with at any available ISO.
On screen, and in spite of the 12Mp, IQ is not match to even the ageing  7,5 Mp
L1, not to mention the 12 Mp D700, or a three times as many D800E ...
Well, so long as you don't intend to enlarge too much, it remains acceptable,
and even the JPEGS are surprisingly clean from the start, and for the price I
paid :-)

OTT: I had 2 weeks to return it to FNAC, but forgot the deadline ...
It will remain handy for when I don't want to lug a massive camera about.

The X20 should fare better - yet processing will be an issue with the non-bayer
sensor ... the tests show that in camera JPEGs are better than externally
processed raws ...
I might be able to tell you more about it when it's out ;-)

Thanks for viewing
Amitiés
Philippe

To be honnest, I'm lurking toward it's successor, a bit far fetched from a
Reflex, I reckon but a compact to have for its retro style.

For the flexers who are asking what wine I've been sipping on tonite, Philippe
has used a Fujifilm X10, its successor is a X20 with a sensor of the technology
of the famous X100.

Sorry guys if  we are drifting toward the tools.... I wish that Leica produces
such wonderful retro styled camera. I must have been inoculed a M Serie Virus
once in my life....

Bravo Philippe !

#-----------------------------------
From : Xavier F. BILLE

From: philippe.amard@xxxxxx
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LRflex] IMG: Semi abstract and colours
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 07:36:17 +0100
CC: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/Cold+Sunday+Morning-7262-2.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Phileica/Metz/Cold+Sunday+Morning-7263-2.jpg.html

Bien cordialement de Metz
Philippe

One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the
eye. Antoine de Saint Exupéry in Le Petit Prince.

NO ARCHIVE