[LRflex] Re: IMG: Marsh Wren

  • From: Richard Ward <ilovaussiesheps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:24:44 -0700 (PDT)

I Second What Bill Said.
All Hail Doug's Bird Imagery.

R in Mi.

________________________________
From: William B. Abbott III <captbilly3@xxxxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, April 6, 2010 12:10:32 AM
Subject: [LRflex] Re: IMG: Marsh Wren

Doug,

Thank you for a absolutely splendid image.

Your DOF placement makes Mr. Wren seem to be three-dimensional against the
bokeh of reeds that fade in the distance. I almost wrote "bouquet" instead of
"bokeh" and it would not have been far from the truth. The "in-focus" reed to
the left adds immeasurably to the overall composition, in my humble opinion; it
sort of helps to stop the eye in the plane of the wren and helps to move it to
him.

I am not familiar with the Marsh Wren but I have fond memories of a pair of
wrens that nested year after year in a purple bougainvillea near my home when I
was a boy in Florida. My mother always called them Jenny Wrens but I have no
idea why she did that or what sort they really were.

I enjoy all of your images very much and send all best wishes,

Bill