[LRflex] Re: IMG: Marsh Wren

  • From: Charlie Falke <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 17:30:47 -0400

On 4/5/2010 10:50 PM, Doug Herr wrote:
> I spent much of last Saturday at the Yolo basin wildlife area between
> Sacramento and Davis, where many species are beginning their springtime
> routines.  Among these is the Marsh Wren, a rocket-powered bundle of fluff
> for whom the primary activity (for the males) is defending territory, with
> song and if required, a high-speed chase through the cattails and other marsh
> veggies.
>
> http://wildlightphoto.com/birds/troglodytidae/mawr02.html
>
> Technical stuff: R8/DMR, 560mm f/6.8 Telyt, shoulder stock&  monopod, UET-R
> extension tube.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento
> http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Doug,
    Catching up on the list and just saw this.  Technically
flawless, very nice background, I think the bird's being enthusiastically
engaged at being the bird he is makes it perfect.

--
  Charlie Falke                                        _____      /\
  "One test result is worth                       |    |/        `o
    one thousand expert opinions" - Wernher Von Braun  0  N4003M
  "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein