[LRflex] Re: Happiness is a warm - Scanner?

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:38:26 -0800

Douglas Sharp showed  & asked:
Subject: [LRflex] Happiness is a warm - Scanner?

> Posy spent most of the day in the office.
> Her favourite place is next to the scanner/printer on Frauke's desk, the
> radiator is under the window too.
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3664_edited_1
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3662_edited_1
> and one run through colour cast correction (Mediachance tools)
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/Cats/MG_3660_edited_1
>
> I'm not sure whether the warm tone of the light is better or not - a
> foxy-red cat in  red tinged room lighting may be a little too much.
> But then again the colour corrected version looks a bit dead to me (the
> picture, not Posy)<<<

Douglas,
What's more important than all the technical corrections is "how does the
picture look and are you happier with it corrected or not?

If you didn't have them side by each for comparison they are both fine as
far as I'm concerned.

When I do a check on colour by making a correction if it looks cool, I leave
it. However, a smidgen of doubt and I flip back and forth a few times to see
the colour changes and whichever hits my fancy that's the colour we use.

Technically it maybe wrong, but gut feeling and liking it are far more
important than a number.

ted