[LRflex] From the Camera image - for Xavier & Bill.

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:49:54 -0800

Bill Abbott wrote:

> It's a calibrated Eizo monitor and my Mac monitor says the same thing.
>
> I dunno either. Guess we can call it very dark, dark grey!
>
> It is solid black in Safari and in Firefox, both on both monitors, but
> in Firefox it is "less" black.
>
> Here is a screen shot of the two:
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/wbabbott3/blacks/
>
> Another, Hm...

Hi Bill!  This is most interesting.

On my very basic, but calibrated Acer monitor, I get a much lighter grey than
you do...

http://www.furnfeather.net/Temps/Firefox.html

and I get the same grey, with my definitely NOT calibrated HP Netbook & using
Firefox.

HOWEVER, if I use MS Internet Explore (64 bit version) on both the Netbook and
my Desk system, I get a nice, b&w photo of a beer glass, that goes with the
others!

BUT, since it's labeled "from camera", I'm not sure it should be in Black and
White!

What say you, Xavier?

David.