[LRflex] Re: Feather deatil

  • From: David Young <telyt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:05:29 -0700

Barney Kahn wrote:

>It seems to me that there was more detail of the
>feathers on the same type bird with the film shot.  I
>think the huge difference is the type of ligting on
>the bird itself.  I looked at the differences of the
>two and realized that detail would be harder to achive
>of the type of ligting that happens to be the one
>photographed in the digital form.

You are right, Barney!   This is a point we've all overlooked... but the
much more even lighting of Doug's shot will show more detail... whereas
the strong side lighting of the late afternoon is good for dramatic
contrast, but not so conducive to fine detail.

Thanks for looking, and for posting!

Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt