[LRflex] Re: FFS: Photography course on DVD

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 08:43:25 -0700

Ted enthused:

>Hi David,
>Great looking DVD's and front page advertising.
>
>The layout and promotion material is just super excellent! If this doesn't
>grab buyers nothing will!
>
>Best of luck and success with great numbers sold.
>
>cheers,
>ted

Thanks, Ted!

It has sold quite well, at my craft-fairs, and the reaction from
those who've bought it is both enthusiastic and complimentary.  So
much so, that I've now sold several at various non-photographic
gatherings, where people have come up to me and said: "I hear you've
got a good photo course on DVD.  I like to buy one!"

When I started, I thought I could take the introductory course I've
taught both here and in the US, and convert it to a DVD in, perhaps
20 to 30 hours.  40 tops.  In the end it took nearly 800 hours, but
it has lots of background music, some sound effects and even some
very elementary animation. Neat stuff that's not seen when I teach,
in person.  Besides, I liked the idea of using "Dunnigan, the Dragon"
as a mascot.  Dunnigan, in gear for many occupations and hobbies, is
made by my friend, Doug Flach. (Just Google Dunnigan, the dragon.)

I'm told it's a professional as anything on the store shelves, and,
as you can imagine, I'm very proud of it!

I've offered it to the list because, while I'm sure most here do not
need it, most of us know a budding photographer who could benefit
from it.  And Christmas is just 2 months away!

I've rambled enough... Thanks for taking the time to look, and for
your words of encouragement!

Cheers!
David.

David Young - Photographer