[LRflex] Re: [Bulk] Re: a 4/3 sensor to match the 36mm size?

  • From: <chfalke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:23:08 -0500

Dave,
     Not to mention that motion and still picture cameras are
beginning to converge, or so I have read.
     I'd still like the sensor to be 36X36, and in live
view all the time, (with a magnified section next to the
composing view for fine focus, a bit like a IIIf)   Then it could take M or R
lenses. :-)  The whole format wouldn't be useable, but
so what, I could pick horizontal or vertical 24X36 without moving
or reshooting.   It would also allow 43X43 within any lenses
image circle.
   The angle of acceptance difficulties would need to be
solved for very extreme angles to use all the wide M lenses, of
course.
Charlie.