[LRflex] Re: Ansel Adams

  • From: Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 10:26:39 -0800

Saw an exhibit in LA once that had a few of his works shown in early vs later prints and how much he had changed what he did to the print.  Some, like Moonrise, were quite different.  He always said the negative was the score and the print was the performance and we all know performances can vary considerably depending on the orchestra/band and the conductor.

Aram

On 12/15/2020 10:23 AM, William G Lamb, III wrote:

Saw a few of those in NYC back in the day. He'd wait hours for the perfect light and those are 8X10 contact prints.

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 1:17:29 PM EST, Aram Langhans <leica_r8@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Only slight problem with that is you have to be dead.

Do you think my take on it is could get me maybe 0.001% of that?  Things have changed at that location.

Snake River Tetons-3860 (leica-users.org) <http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/misc/m/Snake+River+Tetons-3860.jpg.html>

Aram