[LRflex] Re: All about M9!!!

  • From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 11:40:07 -0700

Otto Rath offered:
Subject: [LRflex] Re: All about M9!!!

Hello Dr. Ted,
Your observations cut through all the speculative stuff about the M9.
I could not afford this "Wunderkind" anyway - no discretionary income provided in Canada Old Age Pension. Let's hope, the new Leitz baby will be healthy, but even one with Down's syndrom can be loved,eh?"<<<<<<

Hi Otto,
If the truth were to be known & I were to buy my usual 3 camera bodies at one time when I change models, M4 to M5 to M6 to M7 and the R bodies similarly SL to the R8's all equipped with motor drives. I do believe I'll have to win the lottery at this time of my life for 3 M9's! :-)
cheers,
Dr. ted

From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quite frankly all this transmission over the M9 really
means diddly squat
unless you are going to "BUY ONE!" I have no idea
how many posts I've deleted
about it as the most important aspect is???????? "How
much will it cost and how
soon will it actually be available for my
hands?" And is it so
fantastically better than the M8 with the same lens
attached?????? Or will it be
merely an upgraded version of the M8???????

Besides I pretty well have my M8 attached to my hand
and it's serving me
quite well with images that viewers when they see the
prints keep telling me...
"WOW!!!! those old time Leica's sure make great
pictures!" :-)

Yep had a little old lady tell me something like that
a couple of days
ago as she remembered a Leica being in her family
years ago and her father
always said it was the best camera in the world. And seeing
mine she still
believed him because here was one that was still working
after all these years.
:-)

So there you go eh?
Am I going to tell this sweet super senior citizen
lady it was a modern day
$5000 digital camera her father wouldn't believe was a
camera if he were still
alive? Nope! I just let her go on believing it was
just like her dad's! She
had such a nice smile when she was telling the story of her
fathers Leica and
mine being the same.

M9? I think it's more fun until it arrives out of
the womb rather than all
this trade secret stuff hour after hour that takes away the
birthing excitement
much like knowing what kind of child you are about to have
before it arrives
into the world.
They can both be beautiful surprises! :-)
ted