[LRflex] Re: All about M9!!!

  • From: David Young <dsy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 22:44:14 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

Yep had a little old lady tell me something like that a couple of days ago as she remembered a Leica being in her family years ago and her father always said it was the best camera in the world. And seeing mine she still believed him because here was one that was still working after all these years. :-)

Your story reminds me, Ted, of the summer of 2006, when I had one of the few, pre-release prototypes of the M8, here, in Logan Lake, for a couple of weeks. I was down in the park, shooting kids playing soccer, when a lady came up to me and gushed "What a nice old camera". "Actually, it's new", I replied. "Oh", she said, "New to you ... how nice!". As I was not supposed to admit to what I had, I simply said "No, it's quite new" - and we left it at that.

David Young
Logan Lake, Canada.

Wildlife Photos: www.furnfeather.net
Rodeo Photos: www.galleries.furnfeather.net