[LRflex] Re: A stupid question concerning ROM Now 3-cam lenses with DMR'd R8/9???

  • From: Thomas Schofield <tdschofield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 21:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

I think you're right, ROM preserves the R cam, so it just doesn't work on the
SL and SL2.  I don't have one to check, as I have avoided ROM  lenses for that
reason.  Maybe I'll need to ROM if I go DMR.  Another argument for EOS 20D or
EOS 5D + adapter.  >$1000USD converson costs on top of losing use with SL and
SL2.

Anyone know how well 3-cam lenses work with the DMR?  Does it screw up the
EXDIF?  Is that only a problem with automated printing?

BTW, John, what happened to BALUG?

Tom Schofield
M7 <photo-m7@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom,

I might be misinterpreting your excellent explanation, the only thing
which makes me wonder is ROM effect on pre-R8 cameras. ROM lenses meter
just fine at all metering modes for R-series bodies (R3-R9) because the
third cam is still installed on the lens. ROM lenses just don't work
with Leicaflex bodies because of the absence of the first and second
cams.

Cheers,

John Gong