[LRflex] A great mono conversion PS plug-in for Macs

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:12:37 +0100

Hi all.

Douglas pointed you recently to a free mono conversion package for Windoze. Sadly it didn't work with Macs.

However, I've found an excellent (and reasonably priced) mono plug-in filter called BWStyler which works fine with Macs - there's a Windoze version too. Its virtues are that it's very intuitive, can emulate the qualities of most types of b/w film, and also b/w papers. Results look a lot better than going the grayscale route in PS.

I'm still playing with it, but like the first results very much.

Available from:

 http://www.thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/index.htm

Best

Alex