[LRflex] Re: A couple of autumnal pictures

  • From: Douglas Sharp <douglas.sharp@xxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:47:43 +0200

Thanks David,
you seem to be "bearing" up quite well too, all we get in the garden are
frogs and an occasional hedgehog (that looks silly, I'm just imagining a
hedgehog being used like an occasional table). BTW, just how dangerous
are those big brown/black beasties?, I've read that they can be
VERYunpredictable, and that they don't show any indicating signs of when
they're about to get nasty.
At the moment trying out a "Zeinon". I picked up a couple of 50mm
Planars 1,4 and 1,7, a 2,8/135 Sonnar and a Yashica 2,8/24mm at
throw-away prices recently.
So far I think that the 1,7/50 and the 2,8/135 are at least Leica
quality, if not a touch better, the 1,4/50 is fast and very good wide
open. About the Yashica, I'm not sure yet, I haven't got round to doing
some architectural shots with it yet..
The whole lot together for round about €200,