[LRflex] Re: A couple of B&W 35mm

  • From: David Simms <simmszee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: leicareflex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 08:48:20 -0700 (PDT)

Part of me doesn't quite know why I like that woodland scene. it's soft and the
foreground is out of focus. It may have lost sharpness because of camera shake.
The other part of me wants to say "but..." . This image has a painterly quality
about it. Emotionally, this image conveys exactly what we want an image to do.
it places the viewer right there, in the woods at dusk. As one who spends a lot
of time tromping around in the bush at all times of day, always with a camera,
I often seek to communicate that experience. This image does it.
Dave, in the BC backwoods.