Re: a visitor

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:59:37 -0700 (PDT)

Oliver,
My guess is it's a Hooded Oriole (Icterus cucullatus)
(male).Per my Peterson's Guide, "The only common U.S.
oriole with an orange crown. Breeds from Central
California, s. Nevada, sw. Utah, c. Arizona, sw. New
Mexico, w. and s. Texas to s. Mexico. Habitat: Open
woodlands, thickets, palms, shade trees.
That would be my guess...
Bob

--- Oliver Bryk <oliverbryk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> About ten days ago, on a typical foggy San Francisco
> summer day, a visitor
> appeared in the bush below our dining room window
> that is normally
> frequented only by hummingbirds. He left after a
> couple of days. I made a
> picture through the window. M6, 90mm Elmarit, Agfa
> Optima 100. What kind of
> bird was it?
> Oliver Bryk

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Miscellaneous/05Aug01_01_resize