Re: The story of a black-paint III(?)

  • From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@xxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:14:24 +0100

Douglas wrote:

Lucky man, Alex, and late MHRs,
according to Laney it should be from 1926/1927 (very early!!). He mentions conversions from I to I (interchangeable lenses),II, II sync,III, IIIA, and IIIA sync.
Very much looking forward to seeing it "on-screen".

Thanks for the MHRs - I don't feel a day over 70... :-)

Your dating makes it even older (originally) than my nice '32 Standard.

My Leica guru was almost as excited about it as I was, as he's never seen one like this before. He was particularly intrigued by the 'sharkskin' covering on the body shell, and the fact that some of the original Leica I parts were still there.

BTW folks - if you want your old Leicas given a new lease of life, I commend Malcolm Taylor in the UK to you. Not only does he do an excellent job, but his enthusiasm is infectious. Long may he continue!

Best

Alex
--
Alex Hurst