Re: Sandpipers at Shoreline

  • From: Mark Bohrer <lurchl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 22:38:12 -0700

Thanks, David. That image was the best one of several sandpiper reflection shots.

The last bird in the series isn't a Western Sandpiper at all but a juvenile black-bellied plover. A gentleman on one of the bird sighting lists pointed that out to me. I was fooled by the young bird's small size when I needed to look at his bill.

At 03:31 PM 7/23/2005, you wrote:

I like "Landing" the best... very nicely done, Mark!

Cheers!

David.

-----------

On 23/07/2005 at 1:00 PM Mark Bohrer wrote:

>Sandpipers made it into a lot of the latest bird sightings, so I looked
>at
>my stock files to see what I had. These guys must have inspired some of
>M.C. Escher's drawings. With a long lens or spotting scope you can watch
>them do their thing: http://tinyurl.com/ds3np
>
>All comments welcome.
>
>Mark Bohrer
>Mountain and Desert Photography
>www.mountain-and-desert.com

David Young,
Logan Lake, BC
CANADA.

Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt
Leica Reflex Forum web-page: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt/lrflex.htm

Mark Bohrer
Mountain and Desert Photography
www.mountain-and-desert.com
Subscribe to my free newsletter for wildlife photo tips and print discounts!