Re: Reports of big cat sightings in the UK making local fauna nervous?

  • From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 20:05:07 +0100

From: "Venture Coy" <vlc-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 08 July 2005 19:37
Subject: Re: Reports of big cat sightings in the UK making local fauna
nervous?

> Hmmm? Where's the cat? Is this one of those camouflage
> images?
>

> > Is it safe to come down yet?
> >
> > Leica M2 : 50mm DR Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05214.htm
> >
> > No manipulation beyond levels, curves and USM.
--------------------------

Venture,
A discussion developed on the LUG about big cats on the loose in the English
countryside. The result of legislation a few years ago which prohibited
private individuals from keeping big cats as pets. The owners, rather than
hand them over to zoos or have them put down, took them out into the
countryside and released them. Now there are sightings all over the country
and a big black cat, 'possibly a panther', has been sighted around here.

My attempt at humour (failed) was to suggest that big cats on the loose
might account for the animal seeking refuge on the right hand side of the
pub roof.

It is of course made of thatch and is the 'signature' of the thatcher. My
career in comedy was short lived :-)

--Graham