Re: Nathan's PAW 29: Garden and work

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:07:23 -0700

At 03:30 PM 7/30/2005, Nathan Wajsman wrote:

Work has been very hectic the last couple of weeks, so I am a bit behind in posting, and have not had time to go to exciting places. So, for week 29 you get some pictures from my garden, and then a couple from my commute to work.

Humid nights always mean lots of spider webs in the morning:

As usual Nathan, marvelous photographs! I really enjoy looking at your "everyday life" photographs.

BTW, it just dawned on me, my son-in-law, whom I have worked with for several years, now works for Philips (their medical R&D group) and travels to their Eindhoven office every few months. I cannot, at this moment, ask him the address as he and my daughter are in England, on holiday, right now.

I think you and I met at the 1998 Photokina, and if that is true (it's tough getting old and having brain fade!) then you met my daughter Jillian as she was with me. She is a piano teacher and photographer and uses Leicas and Hasselblads for her photography. I wonder where she got the idea about using those particular camera brands! ;-)

She just had her R7 and attached 50mm Summicron stolen (thieves broke into her house) but her insurance is replacing them. The insurance was going to buy her a new R9 but she would not have it. She wants a chrome R7 just like the one that was stolen. Chrome R7's are hard to find. So if anyone out there has a MINT chrome R7, preferably with box and papers, for sale, let me know.

I loaned her one of my M6's and 35/1.4 ASPH & 50/1.4 lenses for her trip.

Thanks for the great photos Nathan..

Jim