Nathan's PAW 28: Various people

  • From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LEG <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leica Users Group <lug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:05:14 +0200

The nicest thing about travelling is meeting people. So, this week I cheat a bit by presenting some images taken last week, and some the week before in Copenhagen.

On a Danish LUGger's recommendation, when I was in Copenhagen earlier this month, I paid a visit to a camera shop in a residential neighbourhood on the outskirts of the centre. The owner, Mr. Jørgen Lybæck, was a real pleasure to meet. He is staunchly on the analogue side of photography, although he does have a few token digital P&S cameras in the window. He has what is probably Scandinavia's largest Leica collection, with 125 various M cameras; and he has a real passion for what he does. It is always great to meet people like that. He looked approvingly at the 50mm Summilux I had on my 20D when I entered his shop, although I changed lenses for this environmental portrait of him:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28.jpg

The second portrait is of 4-year old Natalia, the daughter of my childhood friend in Copenhagen. We were in a Greek restaurant where children are given coloured pens and encouraged to draw on the disposable tablecloth:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt1.jpg

As always when I am in Copenhagen, I went downtown to Nyhavn, the bar street along a canal. Here are a couple of women apparently engaged in a serious conversation over a beer:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt2.jpg
and here are a couple of guys doing more or less the same, although they look a lot less serious, more like bums:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt3.jpg
BTW, this picture shows why I like digital: it is shot at ISO 1600. I never got results like this with colour film of this speed.

And to round it off, three more of my cyclist pictures, taken last weekend in Utrecht. First, a pretty cyclist:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt4.jpg
Then, a chubby cyclist:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt5.jpg
and finally, an overloaded cyclist:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_28alt6.jpg

The complete PAW index is at:
http://www.nathanfoto.com/indexpaw2005.html
and comments & critique are gratefully accepted and welcomed.

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands