Re: Kid pictures - Don't they grow!!

  • From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@xxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 08:09:27 -0700

Douglas M. Sharp showed:
Subject: Kid pictures - Don't they grow!!

More or less family snapshots, no artistic allures, just pictures.
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-83855.html
> They grow up SO fast don't they!!<<<<<<<

Hi Douglas,
Oh they do that alright certainly when you have the pictures to show it. :-) Nothing like still pictures to hold the memories! Certainly when you can show the comparison in these two. :-)

And as far as "suicidal mania?" Trust me it'll never end because some day when you become a grand father you'll really freak out watching a grandson or daughter doing wilder things than skate boarding.

I have a major problem watching my 15 year old grandson doing his mountain biking routines flying through the air like a mad man. Just scares the life out of me for fear he'll be injured, but he's always been a fearless athlete and does this kind of action stuff like it's everyday normal.

So we have lots of pictures of him airborne and yes crash and burns. :-( But the wonderful thing is..... we have lots of pictures throughout his life as a baseball, basketball & soccer player for comparison. I can never impress enough on people how important it is to photograph our families because as you say.....

"Don't they grow!" And they do that so quickly before we realize it, until it's too late.
thanks for posting,
ted