Re: #262

  • From: "GeeBee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:49:36 +0100

From: "Bob Adler" <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Subject: Re: #262

> Graham,
> I usually just sit back and enjoy the beauty of your
> images but this one, though wonderful, is a bit
> different. I'm trying to view the photos of the
> talented posters on this and other forums with an eye
> toward learning. This shot does something I've not
> seen before.
>
> Many images use somewhat darkend areas (usually at the
> corners or edges) to lead the eye to a lighter area of
> focus (usually more toward the center). Also, folks
> use lines (like your beautiful path) to lead the eye
> somewhere.
>
> In this image the path leads my eye to the break in
> the folliage. The darkness of the trees interrupts the
> flow (it's sort of in the middle of the image) and
> then a lighter (and lovely) vista opens up. I find
> myself looking down the path and then at the vista,
> but not able to bring them together in a smooth flow.
> I guess it creates somewhat of a tension in an image
> of a peaceful pastoral scene.
>
> Like I said, Graham, I'm usually just a lurker/voyer,
> but this image is quite unusual. Thanks for sharing
> it, and all your other images, with us.
> Bob
>
> --- GeeBee <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Leica M2 : 50mm DR Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> > http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05262.htm

Hi Bob,

You have a good point about the barricade effect offered by the hedgerow
between the other two areas but I was taken by the 'doorway' in the hedge
maintained by all the walkers over the years. It conjured up thoughts of a
secret doorway into another world which probably says more about my
whimsical nature than my photographic decision making :-) Thanks for
looking.

--Graham