Re: #262

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: leica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

Graham,
I usually just sit back and enjoy the beauty of your
images but this one, though wonderful, is a bit
different. I'm trying to view the photos of the
talented posters on this and other forums with an eye
toward learning. This shot does something I've not
seen before.

Many images use somewhat darkend areas (usually at the
corners or edges) to lead the eye to a lighter area of
focus (usually more toward the center). Also, folks
use lines (like your beautiful path) to lead the eye
somewhere.

In this image the path leads my eye to the break in
the folliage. The darkness of the trees interrupts the
flow (it's sort of in the middle of the image) and
then a lighter (and lovely) vista opens up. I find
myself looking down the path and then at the vista,
but not able to bring them together in a smooth flow.
I guess it creates somewhat of a tension in an image
of a peaceful pastoral scene.

Like I said, Graham, I'm usually just a lurker/voyer,
but this image is quite unusual. Thanks for sharing
it, and all your other images, with us.
Bob

--- GeeBee <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Leica M2 : 50mm DR Summicron : Agfa Vista 200
> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/05262.htm

Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com