LANUG Thursday July 21st Meeting - Intro to SQL Azure

  • From: Ryan Duclos <rduclos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LANUG <lanug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:07:36 -0500

*Hello All. I just wanted to send an invite! **Please RSVP to **
rduclos@xxxxxxxxx* <rduclos@xxxxxxxxx>* if you plan on attending, and
haven't already RSVPed**. Also if you know anyone who might be interested
please pass the information along.*
*
 LANUG Thursday July 21st Meeting
About the Speaker: Ryan Duclos <http://about.me/rduclos> Session
Abstract: Introduction
to SQL Azure
SQL Azure is part of the Windows Azure platform: a suite of services
providing hosted computing, infrastructure, Web services, Reporting services
and data services. The SQL Azure component provides the full relational
database functionality of SQL Server, but it also provides functionality as
a cloud-computing service, hosted in Microsoft datacenters around the globe.
We will go over how it works and what it has to offer.
We will be going to "The Shed BBQ" or "Mellow Mushroom" between 8-8:30pm
after the meeting, anyone is more then welcome to attend.
 When
Thur, July 21, 6pm – 8pm CST
Where
University Library - Room 181 - 5901 Usa Drive North Mobile, AL 36688-3053 Up
For Grabs - One of GrapeCity <http://www.gcpowertools.com/>'s: Active
Reports, Data Dynamics Reports, ActiveAnalysis, Spread for ASPNET, or Spread
for Windows.
 *
*
*
**
**
*Subscribe to our Mailing List: *//www.freelists.org/list/lanug
**
*

If you are interested, here are some other happenings in the area:

   - Lower AL .NET User Group: moving to a SharePoint site
   http://sites.gitca.org/LANUG will redirect http://loweraldotnet.org/ once
   the new site is ready
   - SharePoint Mobile: http://sharepointmobile.groups.live.com
   - Pensacola SQL Server Users Group: http://www.pensacolasql.com
   - Hub City .Net User Group: http://hubcitynug.org
   - Mississippi Coast .Net Users Group: http://mscoastnug.net
   - Deep Fried Bytes (PodCast): http://deepfriedbytes.com
   - Community Megaphone: http://www.communitymegaphone.com

*

Thank you,
Ryan Duclos

Twitter: @rduclos <http://twitter.com/rduclos>
About Me: http://about.me/rduclos
Lower AL .NET User Group - President
Pensacola SQL Server User Group - Event Coordinator
SharePoint Mobile, AL - Co-Founder