[laffs] More fly-in stuff

  • From: "ed pearson" <edp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <laffs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 22:28:29 -0500

Robert Haynes has donated a big spinner to help with raffles and such.  He
has also donated his time to build a radio impound board to use at the up
coming event.   Thanks Robert for your help.

Also Richard Tibbits, our contest director, has contacted me and requested
to fly on the 15th of this month.  It would be nice if we could get a few
guys to welcome him and fly with him.  Also Beaver Fork is having a Fun Fly
the 17th and we have been ask to attend.

Richard wrote:

I'm going to be in the Fairfield Bay area next Thursday afternoon (6/15/06).
Any possibility of getting together for a little flying at the field???
Also. the revised flyer did not come through.  Please send that to my office
e-mail.  It certainly looks like you folks are doing a great job.

Don't forget the Walter Scott Memorial Fun Fly at Beaver Fork Lake Park in
Conway on 6/17/06.  The raffle will be a complete airplane (trainer),
engine, and radio, ready to fly.  Other door prizes to registered pilots
include: gift certificates from Duralite Batteries(for the first 20), two
$20 gift certificates to HobbyTown USA, screws and bolts from Micro
Fasteners, and two CD's(Warbirdsd and TOC action), so far.  There will be at
least 9 additional items that the club will purchase.  Typically, the door
prizes mount up to around $400 in merchandise and coupons.  Hope to see a
bunch of you LAFFS there.

Hmmm, I suppose a little of what goes around comes around.

Gene, would you do a little follow up with this so that the guys not on the
list are aware of the fun fly in Conway?

Take care, Ed P.