[ktvt] Fw: [Skypeenglish] JAWS Scripts For Skype 5.0b, revision 577, released - better Profile editing

  • From: "Thao Vy" <missyguide@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ktvt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:58:27 -0500

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Lee
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 7:29 PM
To: SkypeEnglish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Skypeenglish] JAWS Scripts For Skype 5.0b, revision 577, released - better Profile editing

I have just posted an update to the JAWS Scripts for Skype 5.0b.  We
are now at revision 577.  The update, as usual, is at
http://www.dlee.org/skype/

This update is all about making the Profile fields easier to manage when
you're trying to update your profile.  This update also stops JAWS from
saying "Group box" frequently if you try to read someone else's profile
with the JAWS cursor.  Details are on my site at the above link.

Because I find this screen less than intuitive for blind people, I
will explain how to use it here:

You get to the Profile edit area by choosing Skype from the menu bar,
then Profile submenu, and finally Edit Your Profile.

When you open this screen area, you will land on an Edit button.  If you
Shift+Tab from there, you would hit a Contacts Only button and a Public
Profile button.  Those three choose how the Profile area appears:  Public
Profile makes it look like your profile would look to someone that is not
in your contact list.  Contacts Only makes it look like it would to one
of your contacts.  Edit, which is the default when you open this screen,
allows you to change fields in your Profile.  Most of us probably won't
need to mess with these three buttons; you can just start Tabbing forward
from the Edit button.

The fields in your profile will appear as links and combo boxes for
the most part, with the occasional button thrown in.  The universal
rule is, if you want to change a field, you press Space on its link or
combo box to open it, then edit it or choose from a list of choices
etc., then save the change.  There is no Save button that saves the
whole profile at once; you save each field in turn.

So for example, to change your Full Name, tab to the "Full Name" link,
press Space to get an edit box, fill in your name in the box, Tab once
to the Save button, and press Space or Enter.  Note that you can just
press Enter on the Edit box to save it, but my experience tells me you
can land focus in a funny and rather distant place if you do that, so
I recommend hitting Save directly.

This script update and the above instructions should significantly
simplify the process of updating your profile.

Enjoy...

--
Doug Lee                 dgl@xxxxxxxx                http://www.dlee.org
SSB BART Group doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.ssbbartgroup.com

to contact skype support wiht any questions regarding your account email en_support@xxxxxxxxx

To  access scripts for the latest version of skype go to
http://www.dlee.org/skype

To access tutorials and other goodies go to
http://www.marrie.org/skype/skype.html

mailto:skypeenglish-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

to download a tool to automate the installation of skypewatch go to this link.
http://www.hrvojekatic.tk/

http://bit.ly/64Y48

thanks and have a wonderful day.