[korgypark] Re: What Kind of Sequencer Should I Buy...

  • From: David Defourneaux <ddefourneaux@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: korgypark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:17:15 +0200 (CEST)

The answer depends on what computer you have.
On Macintosh, Logic Express will give you everything you need : midi and audio
sequencing, digital effects, virtual instruments...
On PC, Cubase (Emagic stopped Logic developpements on Windows) offers similar
bundles.
If you're only interested in live recording, Digital Performer is very good
too, but a little more expensive.
I assume you already have microphones and a mixer, but don't forget you need
audio and midi interface.
8875_by_starlight <dyfan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a pianist/keyboardist. I play with my band (2 singers, a drummer,
guitarist, bassist, and keyboardist), and use my X5D for everyweek gig. We
play all-around songs. I think I need a sequencer to back-up the band. Can
anyone suggest what kind of sequencer should I get?

With US$500-600 to spend on gear, can anyone suggest what kind of gear work
best for my band?

What about buying:

* another X5D?
* sequencer? (What kind of sequencer? What is the different between
sequencer, groove box, and drum machine?)
* Triton LE 61?
* Yamaha PSR-2100? (Good acoustic sounds, and I can program the MIDI on the
computer and save it to 1'44 disk. I can also use it for single-player gig.)

Thank you for your suggestions:)