[klaatumail] Question- No KK

  • From: A F <tnshell40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:59:12 -0800 (PST)

Okay folks, the old movie buff is re-emerging in me and I was wondering if
anyone could point me in the direction of a web site where I can read up on
what constitutes a 'reel' time wise in movies.

I know old 'one realer' comedies are about 7 minutes - yet two realers can
range from eighteen to 23 minutes (and one Our gang silent is technically a 3
reeler at 25ish minutes).  I also saw a movie poster for a 3 hour silent film
in 13 reels.

When I worked at a movie theater I know that films came either each reel in
their own container and sometimes two reels in one so remembering the timeing
from them is kind of hazy for me.  I can also go into many examples I have
heard/read that just seem (to me) contradict each other (including DVD
commentaries).

IS there a one stop shopping on the web that explains it all?  Maybe different
explanations fof different time periods?

JUST CURIOUS!  :P

Sign me on this one,

Going Nerdy for Under a Hundred Bucks

;)