[klaatumail] Re: Originaals - Paart Two (no kk)

  • From: "Jens C. Lindblad" <jens.lindblad@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: klaatumail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:59:45 +0100

Known for...

By whom...?

Aren't we gulity of putting words into John Lennons mouth that he would
have spat out instantly, assigning opinions to him that he never uttered?

And who are we, to hold him to standards we choose for him?

I doubt very much John would ever have claimed that he was perfect, on
the contrary he is on record telling people that he was as messed up as
anyone. Not to follow him or expect him to have all the answers but to
make up your own mind.

For Imagine, Give Peace... Happy Xmas etc. there are God, Working Class
Hero, Help, Norwegian Wood, How do You Sleep, Giime some thruth etc. etc.

If Imagine is just about dreaming the impossible, Give Peace a Chance
and Happy Xmas are political statements, All You Need is Zeitgeist,
Starting Over a personal snapshot about finding something worth in life.

He was just a human being, with faults and occasional nasty streaks as
well, but should that have meant he couldn't go about telling people
that peace is not such a bad idea after all?

Cheers

Jens